Kilkerran Signal Box Life Extension Works
The objective of the project was to carry out various Life Extension Works and Renewals in the Kilkerran signal box area including the full renewal of the existing level crossing and the provision of new LED Road Traffic Lights.
The project will maintain operation of the Kilkerran Signal Box with upgrades to the Level Crossing and associated controls to improve safety, reliability and life extension.
The contract covers all scope associated with:
- Surveys of the sites associated with the works.
- Design of both signalling, E&P, Telecomms, Civils and Pway works.
- Installation and commissioning of all assets into use.
- Handback of all assets and health and safety documentation.
- The project is complex, involving multiple disciplines which required collaborative approach to resolve challenges and deliver within the project timescales.
Kilkerran Signal Box Life Extension works commissioning has been successfully signed into use at 5:55am, 18th March. OSL as the Principal Contractor completed the design, build, install, test and commissioning. Thank you to all of those involved for your hard work and efforts.
- CLIENT Network Rail
- YEAR 2019
- WE DID Signal box life extension works
- CATEGORY Rail